Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Name of the Wind- Patrick Rothfuss

So after a long hiatus I am back and boy do I have a great book for you!  Today's review is the first book by brand new author Patrick Rothfuss called The Name of the Wind.  It's the first of a fantasy trilogy and I have to tell you that unlike a lot of popular authors Mr. Rothfuss actually has a vocabulary.  He isn't just a story teller but a wordsmith.  His prose is breathtaking and the story he tells is completely captivating.  I'm betting that even those of you who don't normally read fantasy would enjoy this one.  The main character Kvothe seems to breathe on the page and I find myself wondering what will happen next to him even when I'm not reading the book.  I highly recommend this one, especially if you are looking for a new fantasy to get in to.  The second installment, The Wise Man's Fear, just came out recently and as soon as I finish it I will put up a review for you.  I expect it will be as good as the first.

Sorry for the long absence! I have a long list of books to put up here for you and I hope to do that on a more regular basis from now on.

Happy Reading!

-A-

No comments:

Post a Comment